Monday, February 22, 2010

Free e-books

Free e-books


The Ether Dispute: Revisiting Einstein's Theory That Space Is a Physical Substan

Posted:

There's an unresolved dispute over the physical nature of space. It occurs because of what Bacon called our "dull and deceptive human senses." On one hand, space appears empty. This led biblical and modern cosmologists to conclude space is an "empty vacuum." But, when astrophysicists from Newton to Einstein studied space, they found it exhibits physical behaviors – i.e. it carries light and heat. This led astrophysicists to conclude space is an invisible substance called "the ether." The author explores the ether dispute, and the pressing need to resolve it scientifically.

Poems by Meg Mack

Posted:

Meandering includes poetry written when I was a child, through to the present day. It includes my views on life, snapshots of my life and family, and the places I have been and seen. "To Goldilocks from Peg" tells the story of my unrequited love for the great love of my life, a young doctor I met in 1971, who was unfortunately once bitten, twice shy.

No comments: